Support for MBUnit and NUnit

May 24, 2008 at 1:59 PM
Does PEX supports MBUnit and NUnit frameworks?
May 24, 2008 at 2:06 PM
got my answer which is YES it does support MbUnit and NUnit
May 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM
I can't seem to get pexwizard to generate tests in the NUnit framework.  Here is what i've tried so far..
1. built Pex.NUnit project from Pex Extensions "Source Code" (had to port it to VS 2005)
2. ran pexwizard with various commandline arguments, such as...
    pexwizard    /testf:NUnitTestFramework    /sa:Pex.NUnit.dll    myAssemblyToTest.dll

The output doesn't indicate any change in test framework from the default.  
I'm assuming Pex, not pexwizard; uses the PexAssemblySettings(TestFramework) attribute in the test file.?
Coordinator
May 30, 2008 at 12:00 AM
Right now Pex generation is only supported for 32-bit VS2008 systems. I have forwarded your question to the Microsoft Research Pex mailing list , and I will try to copy their reply into this discusion. You are encouraged to also subscribe to the Microsoft Research Pex mailing list and submit/monitor/comment Pex specific issues in that forum.
Aug 17, 2008 at 3:34 PM
How does one install Pex.NUnit.dll? I've successfully built the assembly and places it where Pex is installed. But the visual studio integration still generates MSTest test cases. I have added
[assembly: PexAssemblySettings(TestFramework = "NUnit")]
but this didn't have any effect, it seems.

The Pex.NUnit source says to reference PexNUnitPackageAttribute to load NUnit support for Pex, but if I do [assembly: PexNUnitPackageAttribute] Pex will not do any exploration. What do I have to do?

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 with Pex 0.6.

Thankful for any replies!
Developer
Sep 1, 2008 at 7:28 AM
Hi,

I've updated the wiki page on how to do this (http://www.codeplex.com/Pex/Wiki/View.aspx?title=NUnit%20Extension&referringTitle=Home) and added the binaries onto the releases tab.

Also, make sure the version of NUnit you used to build (the release is built against 2.4.8) matches the version of NUnit you used in your Pex tests.

Hope this helps.  If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Ben